Thursday, July 9, 2009

Big Shot Club projects-Birds & Blooms

I ended up rescheduling my Big Shot Club Meeting for last Sunday (after the interactive card class the Saturday before took way longer than anticipated). This month's meeting focused on the Birds & Blooms Sizzlits dies. Only two of my six members were able to attend, but we made two cards each and got all 6 done in no time at all.

For our first card we CASEd luv my dolly's card which can be seen here. I loved the crisp, clean look of the Whisper White and Baja Breeze, so since the class was originally scheduled for a date prior to the new catalog release, we still used it.
Then I jumped right into the new '09-'10 In Colors. I LOVE them already! For our second card we CASEd this one by Misermom. Another crisp, clean card. We may have made ours a little busy, but the Whisper White flowers tie the whole thing together so well. The new In Colors used are Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, and Soft Suede. We used the Dusty Durango polka dotted grosgrain ribbon, but turned it to the non-polka dotted side. The DSP is from the Razzleberry Lemonade pack.
For our final card we CASEd this adorable creation by flowerbugnd1. We used more of the new In Colors: Crushed Curry & Melon Mambo card stock, and more Razzleberry Lemonade DSP focusing on the Rich Razzleberry pattern. This card also uses Pumpkin Pie 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and a Build-a-brad.
You are invited to join my Big Shot Club at any time. We meet once a month (generally), and each month we choose a die or set of dies to feature. There is a one-time membership fee of $20, and then each class is $5, or free with the purchase of the featured die(s) of the month. Our next class will feature the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die. The cost to order the die and get the class free
is $26.50. Watch my calender of events to see when the next club meeting will be. (It will be on a Sunday afternoon in August, I'm just not sure when yet.)

Sweet wishes!

No comments: