Sunday, February 7, 2010

Go SAINTS!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

Here are some cards I made in honor of today.
The one on the right was my first attempt. It didn't turn out quite how I had envisioned, but it's okay. I had the black grosgrain knots left over from a class last night, so I wanted to use them. I knew I wanted to do the embossed background the way I did, but I was thinking of adding another embossed layer; I just didn't have the kind of image I was hoping for. However, when I went in search of a fleur-de-lis image, I found my Kind Thoughts set, and went right to making the card on the left. I LOVE how it turned out. I'm giving it to the family who is hosting our youth group's Super Bowl party.

So why am I rooting for the Saints? Reason 1) I went to UGA, Payton Manning went to UT. They are rivals. I will never cheer for Payton unless he is playing against Eli. I dislike Eli more than Payton. Reason 2) I went to UGA while Matt & Jon Stinchcomb went to UGA (incidentally I also went to elementary school with them and Michael went to high school with them). Jon Stinchcomb is an offensive lineman for the Saints. Reason 3) I like New Orleans...it is a great place to have the ELCA Youth Gathering (check out this post and scroll half-way down). Reason 4) Hurricane Katrina and underdogs. Need I say more?

Sweet wishes!

No comments: