Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's Independence Day

...Let freedom ring; let the white dove sing. Let the whole world know that today is the day of reckoning. Let the weak be strong; let the right be wrong. Roll the stone away. Let the guilty pay; it's Independence Day. ~Martina Mcbride

Hope your 4th of July was a great one. Ours was. Here are my kids outside playing with sparklers.
Even my big kid.
All in their red, white and blue.
Okay, so all day I've wanted to post a holiday-appropriate project, and when we got changed out of our VBS t-shirts (we had our program during church this morning) and put a plain white headband in AJ's newly cut hair--which I cut myself!--I had to add this little flower made with the Daisies #2 bigz die and a corduroy brad. Now that was the perfect accessory for her adorable hair cut.
We finished off the night by going to see the fireworks after the Greeneville Astros' ball game. We didn't make it to the game this year, but we found the perfect place to catch the post game show.
Here's one I took with the "fireworks" setting on my camera. Go figure. Very different effect, but very cool.
When we got home we did our own "grand finale."
Sweet wishes!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Kelly - this link worked just fine! Those headbands are just so cute! Love the 4th of July touch. I'm enjoying looking at your blog too.

Cindy