Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's about time

...I got back to blogging. We'll see how long it lasts this time. ;-) I've taken a LONG break from all things SU! for a while now, but today I had a "Getting Back to Business" open house, so I thought I'd start by showing you the two projects we made.

Both cards were created using the Strength & Hope stamp set and digital kit. These two items are available in the Summer Mini Catalog (click on the picture of it in my side bar to download the catalog). The best part is that Stampin' Up! is donating $2 from the purchase of the Strength & Hope stamp set (wood mount or clear) and the Strength & Hope digital kit to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®.

The first card is a simple design that I actually came up with myself. Yep, no CASEing involved. The Baja Breeze butterfly on the card and envelope are the only stamping done on this card. All the other elements--"hope" heart, polka-dotted circle, and DSP--were printed using the Strength & Hope digital kit. The kit costs $9.95 and includes a 4-piece stamp brush set, 12 DSP designs, and 10 embellishment pieces. {Truth be told, I set out to CASE Ilina's card on this blog post, but I couldn't get my printer to print the DSP she used correctly, so I went with plan B.}

The second card was totally CASEd from the May issue of Stampin' Success magazine. Stampin' Success is the publication SU! sends to its demonstrators each month. The only change I made was to use Pink Pirouette textured CS and some retired Pink Pirouette ribbon instead of Blushing Bride CS & ribbon, because I don't have the Blushing Bride stuff. I recently purchased the Basic Rhinestones and Basic Pearls Jewels. They are totally my new favorite embellishments, and at only $4.95 for 150 jewels, I don't even have a reason to horde them!
Sweet wishes!

No comments: