Monday, August 9, 2010

First days

Today was AJ's first day of Pre-K, but we'll get to that in a minute. DJ goes to the year-round school where I teach, so his first day of 2nd grade was 3 weeks ago, but that's not what I want to talk about first either. Because if I don't mention it first, you'll get lost in the cuteness of my kids, and you won't read the extra blurb about ME at the bottom. Today was a first day for me too. Not for teaching or anything school related.

Today was my first day of ballet!!!!!

Yep, and I had a blast! I danced for 13 years, from 1st grade through my sophomore year of college, but that was almost 13 years ago. So when we found a studio we liked for AJ to begin ballet again, I asked about adult classes. I don't have a picture to share of me (that would be scary), but I wanted to tell everyone about it. Ok, on to the kids...

The morning of DJ's first day of school it was POURING down rain, so I had to take a picture inside. It took several tries before we got a real smile.
By the afternoon it was sunny and warm. I captured this shot of DJ and his teacher in the carpool line after school. DJ is tall for his age, but Mrs. Leonard is supermodel tall.

And as I mentioned, today was AJ's first day of Pre-K. The schools around here have this weird staggered enrollment thing to get kids acclimated, so she went today, she'll go again Thursday, then she'll go M, W, F of next week, and finally be full-time the week after that.
Here she is with her teacher, Miss Kim. Btw, I didn't even cry!
Sweet wishes!

No comments: