Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mrs. Tallie's b'day card

Today is my step-dad's 50th birthday! Happy Birthday, Randy!

So after we called and sang "Happy Birthday" (both the traditional and the "you live in a zoo" versions), DJ told me that tomorrow is his teacher's birthday. Hopefully he's right because I made this card for her.
One thing you may have unfortunately missed last month if you didn't check my Stampin' Up! website, was the 20% discount Stampin' Up! offered on most of their birthday themed stamp sets to celebrate their 20th birthday. This adorable new set, Crazy for Cupcakes, was included in the sale. I just got my order yesterday, so I had to play with at least one of my new sets. The layout for this card was taken from last week's sketch challenge on Splitcoast. I have a slightly modified (non-SUO) version in my gallery over there. I used my retired Zig Painty pen to color the tray. The flash from the camera makes it look weird, but it actually looks really good IRL. I also used some retired Soft Sky paper for my bottom panel and my paper pieced cupcake cups. Although this card wasn't difficult, it was time consuming, so I really hope DJ is right about his teacher's birthday. ;)

I did make a card for my step-dad too, but I forgot to take a picture before I sealed the envelope. Plus he reads my blog, and I would hate to ruin the surprise. I'll ask my mom to take a pic once he receives it. (Yes, in true Kelly fashion, it will be late.)

Sweet wishes!

No comments: