Monday, November 10, 2008

What do I do with THAT???

In the stamping portion of yesterday's blog update I mentioned that I held a class the morning of WCMD. Well, it was the first in a series of classes called, "What do I do with THAT???" and that session focused on chipboard.
In the card above, we turned an arrow into a house by covering it with DSP. Simply coat the chipboard or the wrong-side of the DSP with a glue stick and adhere them together. You can sand the edges smooth with our sanding blocks. The paper used here was the Georgia Peach DSP (HAD to get it since I'm a GA peach myself!). ;)
Another great way to alter chipboard is with our craft pads. It can be a little messy, but you just press the chipboard piece into the pad until you get the coverage you like. You must let it dry thoroughly before handling it and especially before adhering two pieces together. This card was super simple and quick (minus the drying time), and it can be used for so many different occasions.
The main image is a little difficult to see in this picture, but in person it looks perfectly subtle. We took the negative image from the flower we used on the previous card and stippled Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette for the center and petals. One of the gals in my class added two more flowers going off the edges of the Very Vanilla CS, and it looked amazing. I felt like we just had to use the Vanilla Stylized Hodgepodge Hardware frame, and the greetings on the first and third cards came from Best Yet, which is a level 1 hostess set.

Sweet wishes!

No comments: