Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Feeling Inspired?

We're getting ready to head out the door for a day of running errands, but I wanted to get this post up that I started yesterday. Last Thursday, I had another preorder class featuring the Inspired by Nature stamp set. This set was one that Stampin' Up! gave to convention attendees, and I am a bit embarrassed to admit that I hadn't touched it since my make-n-take session in Salt Lake City! But this was another set my customers begged me to do for a preorder class, so here's what we made.
The layout for the card above came from this card over on Splitcoast. The color combination came from several other beautiful creations and the fact that I love sunflowers!
I combined several ideas I saw over on Splitcoast to come up with this creation. But the original idea came when I stumbled across this card while I was searching for ideas to use in my punch class back in October. I was so excited to incorporate other ideas that I found (including this and this) to come up with this surprisingly quick and simple card.

Although I cut off the handles when I took the picture, that is a gift bag. I had planned to totally CASE the bag we made at convention make-n-takes, but my order that had the DSP and So Saffron ribbon decided it was too cold here in East Tennessee and took a detour to Orlando the day before my class, so it arrived the day after.

I was SO upset that my order was not going to arrive in time for my class that I had to create my way out of misery. Plus I wanted another sample to show my gals. I had seen this card over on SCS and immediately thought of extending the tree along the entire side of a card, but when I decided to use the idea on a gift bag, I knew it was a moment of pure genius. ;) I am THRILLED with how cute this turned out. I also found this idea on SCS which gives another card sized version.

Sweet wishes!

ps. I'm sorry I didn't have time to look up the name/username of the creators of all the beautiful samples I CASEd, but we're supposed to be heading out the door in 3 minutes, and I still have to shower. I most of the links saved in a different file already, so that's how I was able to include the links but not the names.

pps. Also it's about 8:30am Wednesday, but this will be time/date stamped for 2:16pm Tuesday.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Greetings oh great and wonderful Oz - I mean, Upline!
;-)
These are all beautiful!! I already really want Inspired by Nature, you've just given me more reasons to get it. Love 'em all!