Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

Well, better late than never...in my dream world, I would have had a project like this planned for every day this week. A whole eco-friendly blog series. Oh well, this past weekend took on a mind of it's own, equally environmentally conscious, but in an entirely different way. I'll share more about that soon. In the meantime, here's what I made today.

I took this:
and made it this:

I used the Good Morning Sunshine DSP & Whisper White CS, my Scallop Circle bigz die, my brand-new-just-arrived-yesterday Circle Scissor Plus, a retired mini alphabet, the ABC Alphabet Lower stamp set, Old Olive & Pacific Point classic ink, a Flower Fusion felt flower, a corduroy brad, Pacific Point striped grosgrain ribbon, and some retired Old Olive polytwill ribbon.

And then I put it to use in my current spring cleaning project (I hope to share more on that soon, too), and turned this disorganized storage bin shown on the left into the picture on the right.


The altered can is "hiding" under the organdy ribbon sampler, that, though we haven't carried organdy ribbon in a few years, I just can't seem to part with. And yes, all those ribbons are either retired or non-SU! sorry.

Sweet wishes!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see the rest of the room.

(you have non SU ribbon?!?!)
heh heh....