Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Big Shot Club projects

Back in March I held the first meeting of my Big Shot Club. The short version of the details of the club are: $20 membership fee-includes a free gift; $5 per meeting-each meeting will feature a specific die or set of dies, and we will create 3 projects using the featured die(s). If you purchase the Big Shot, membership is free and you still get the free gift; if you purchase the featured die(s) of the month, the meeting is free; if you purchase the Big Shot starter kit, membership and the next three months of meetings are free, plus the free gift.

Anyway, our first month's meeting featured the Top Note bigz die. In the card below we used the new Manhattan Floral embossing folder (I know that's not what we call them, but I can't remember exactly what it's called, and that name explains it well). We cut the Top Note out of Basic Gray and Not Quite Navy CS, then we trimmed away the perforated edge of the NQN piece, and ran it through with the embossing folder. I traced over the embossed lines with my two-way glue pen and added aqua glitter. My customers decided not to add the glitter. I combined this card by LBoogie26 and pictures I had seen from a demonstration at Stampin' Up!'s Leadership Conference which used the glitter idea.
The next project was CASEd from Shauna Mikuliak. She submitted the idea to Stampin' Up! as part of a demonstrator challenge. She wasn't selected as a winner, but she would have been if I had any say. I have used three of her ideas now as part of my classes. Her treat box can be found in this post, and I also used her popcorn sleeve for my Open House favors here. What you're looking at below can be used as a picture frame to stand on your desk. Just imagine adorable pictures of AJ and DJ on each side... ;)
Our final project was this little treat bag. I have seen this idea all over the place, so I'm not sure exactly whom to give credit to, but I certainly did not come up with it myself. However, I did watch a great video tutorial over on Angie from ChicnScratch's blog: Stampin' Academy. Here's the direct link to the video.
Sweet wishes!

ps. It's never too late to join my Big Shot Club. Call or email me anytime to let me know you are interested, and I'll be sure to prep the materials for you at our next club meeting. Again, it's just $20 to join and $5 per meeting, or we can discuss the other options for free membership and classes. Our next club meeting is scheduled for Sunday, April 26, from 3:00-4:30pm at my place and will feature the Scallop Envelop bigz die. Click here to view my complete schedule of upcoming events.

1 comment:

Beth said...

These are all wonderful! Would you believe I *forgot* to order the embossing folder? Duh....
Very cute frame-I had not yet seen that one!!