Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lovin' my Love You Much bundle

As promised in yesterday's post, here are the projects we made at my Bundle up for Valentine's Day class the other night. The Love You Much stamp set, Heart to Heart punch, and Candy Lane DSP, made up the bundle, and though you can no longer order them as a bundle, you can still order each item separately.

We made four different projects at the class. We were not able to finish the last one, but I have finished mine here, so those of you who were at the class can get an idea of how you can finish yours too. All of the ideas were taken from projects submitted to Stampin' Up! by various demonstrators.

This first card was my favorite. It was CASEd from Valerie Durham. She added a sentiment to the bottom right corner, but I thought it looked okay without it, and made it a little quicker (which ended up being important that night). But the love birds are just the cutest. I actually named the file of this picture, "Why do birds sing so gay?" which is the opening line of the song Why do Fools Fall in Love? I sang that song in 8th grade as a "singing Valentine" that our women's ensemble did as a chorus fundraiser. It still pops into my head all the time.


The idea for this card came from Renee Van Stralen. I wanted to use this "lovey-dovey" heart/Valentine's stamp set in a non "lovey-dovey" heart/Valentine's kind of way. The kindness saying helped turn this heart into a thankful one. Renee's original card had a Chocolate Chip base, but since our other card was Close to Cocoa, I didn't want two brown cards.

This too stinkin' cute project is another one from Shauna Mikuliak. (See yesterday's post for the cute popcorn cover I CASEd from her.) We used the new eyelet border punch for the top edge and packing tape with Dazzling Diamonds glitter in the Heart to Heart punched window. It is super sparkly IRL. To make the tag, we used the now discontinued 1/8" handheld punch, but you could use your Crop-A-Dial just as easily. My only complaint is that M&Ms don't come in coordinating SU! colors. ;)

Here is the final project. The one we didn't get to complete. We made the heart, added the ribbon and covered the outside with DSP, but we didn't get any decorations made for it. So here is an idea for how to finish it off. I borrowed this idea from Kelly Gettelfinger. My ribbon actually threads through under the scallop focal point. I would not recommend this, though. It's a pain to try and tie back shut. So do as I say, not as I do, and move your scallop a little lower or something.
And here's the inside of the card. Isn't that cool how it pops out like that. There is a little room to write a message on the pink parts, and then room to put a picture on the bottom brown space. And it will fit in our medium size envelopes.

This stamp set is so much fun, and I really appreciate all the fantastic demonstrators who submitted ideas using it to Stampin' Up! I'm not sure what I would have done without these great ideas to CASE!

Sweet wishes!

1 comment:

Beth said...

These are all totally adorable! Such a great variety & you really showcased the bundle beautifully. That fold-y heart is awesome!!