Saturday, June 12, 2010

Eleven posts & Eleven months ago...

Think Abraham Lincoln, "Four score..." ;-)

Anyway, I was looking back over some of my previous posts, and 11 posts before this one, I had a list at the end of things to stay tuned for:
-both kids are back in school now
-they have both started gymnastics
-my August Big Shot Club meeting featured the Beautiful Butterflies bigz die {not to mention I have several other SU! classes to catch you up on}
-DJ's starting his second season of YMCA T-ball
-and AJ is currently sporting a bright pink cast on her right arm

Now I started that post on July 30, which is when it's dated, and where I got the "11 months ago" bit. However, because of when the things listed above actually occured, I know that the post didn't get finished/posted until sometime in September. Either way, I decided it was time to fill you in on some of these things. I've been so bad about blogging this past year, and there is no way I could catch you up on everything, so I'm not even going to try, but I figured a few things couldn't hurt anyone. :-D

Here's DJ on his 1st day of 1st grade...OMGosh, he's HUGE compared to this pic!
I can't find a pic of AJ on her first day (our main computer has been out of comission since January [excuses, I know] and I'm sure there's a pic on there), but here is a pic of her on DJ's first day of school outside of my classroom.
The next item on the list is gymnastics, but again, the pics--and I know I have TONS--must be on the other computer.

So onto my August Big Shot class. It featured the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die...probably my favorite die. The projects also use some current In Colors and the Razzelberry Lemonade DSP. Three of the current In Colors, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, and Dusty Durango, are retiring at the end of this month, as well as the DSP. If you're interested in ordering any of these items, contact me ASAP. The yellow things on the two outside edges are paper baskets, but I hadn't attached the handles when I took the pic.
DJ was lucky enough to have the same coaches and many of the same team members in his second season of T-ball with the YMCA. We were excited that he was #7 because that was Jeff Francoeur's number...at the time...but we won't get into that. >:-
This is great...here he's playing Tic-Tac-Toe in the dirt with the director of the youth sports programs at the YMCA. Mr. Danny is GREAT with the kids!
And last, but not least, here's AJ with her cast. Yes, another broken arm. Well, she obviously only has two arms, but between the two she's had three broken bones, and 3-4 dislocated joints.
But she doesn't let any of that slow her down a bit!
The above picture is of the two kids on an inflatable obstacle course at our school Fun Fest, an annual fundraiser. They needed volunteers for the dunk tank. Guess who I volunteered?
Yeah, he's covering up his face (actually, he's wiping the water out of his eyes), but that is Michael. Don't worry, he went down plenty of times during his 30-minute slot. What a great sport!

Well, that's all for now, but I'm not actually finished playing catch up yet, so once again, stay tuned...

Sweet wishes!

No comments: