Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I got some more scrapbooking done

Leave it to me to use a workshop as an excuse to FINALLY scrapbook my 2 1/2-yr-old's first layout. I'm sitting here rolling my eyes at myself for the foolishness of it all. Anyway, last night I had a great workshop for a wonderful lady named Phyllis. She and her guests were a captive audience, and I think everyone had a very fun time.

Somewhat recently I have changed my workshops from being a demonstration with one Make-N-Take (MNT) to being Totally Hands On (THO). The way I used to do it was that I would demonstrate a card, a scrapbook page, and a 3D item, and then a 4th project, usually another card, that would be the MNT. At THO workshops, guests make everything I demonstrate, so I've been keeping all the projects a little simpler, and doing a total of three projects. The trend has been to do two cards and a scrapbook "element."

At convention, one of the main stage presenters gave the idea of offering a 6x6 scrapbook page OR a 3x6 card for those less inclined to scrapbook using the same elements, to save prep time. Yesterday was the first time I tried this idea, and I think it worked well, and pleased all audiences. The original idea was CASEd from this card by leslieflo, but I had to tweak it a little, well a lot to transform it into something that would work. Here is the 3x6 card option:
And here, using the same elements, is the 6x6 page layout. Pages always look prettier with pictures. :)
Another thing I learned at convention, well, really I was reminded of it, because I had heard the idea before, but this time it actually sunk in...in two parts...was (part one) to take the 6x6 page and show how it could stand on its own, be an element on an 8 1/2 x 11 page, and then add the 8 1/2 x 11 page to a 12x12 page. And part two, if I do all of this in preparation for my workshops, I get my own scrapbooking done at the same time!!!!! So here's the completed 12x12 page.
I used the Snow Swirled stamp set here, and you can see in the lower right corner of the 8 1/2 x 11 page that it coordinates with our Snow Blossom and Scallop Circle punches. This set is also on sale through September 30, and I will be doing a preorder class featuring the Snow Swirled stamp set in October. Please RSVP by Sept. 30, if you would like to attend the class or order the Stamps In The Mail kit.

It's a little difficult to see, but along the right side of this page I stamped the tree image repeatedly, flip-flopping it each time. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to get the edges all lined up. It was a little time consuming, but it looks great in person, and it ties the whole page together so well.

Sweet wishes!

No comments: