Thursday, September 11, 2008

Survey says...

Congratulations, Heather, that lovely bug IS a Dobson Fly. I am so sorry that you probably have encountered at least one such bug to know what it is. However, we were first given it's nick name of "grampus." And in doing my own research, when you look up the word grampus you find that word is another name for orca whales, some kind of dolphin, several naval vessels, and much more, but not a bug. So then I looked up grampus insect, and it ended up taking me a while to find the Dobson Fly's official name. I also stumbled across a picture of this thing's beautiful larvae, the Hellgrammite. I hope I don't ever experience one of those things! They look worse than the parents! Mystery solved.

Now for the veggies. They are very common vegetables, though not this version of them. These take their name from their color and size. I'll give a few more days on them before I give the answer.

In the meantime, don't forget to head over to thebreastcancersite.com every day and help them reach their goal of 1 million clicks for September. I've recently added a button over on my sidebar that you can click to go to their "click daily" page. I thank you, on their behalf, for your support!

Sweet wishes!

No comments: