Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Here's what else I did last week:

In addition to cutting all the paper for my Designer Series Paper swap, (well, I JUST finished that) I *got* to make valentines for AJ’s ballet class (8), AJ’s preschool class (8), and DJ’s kindergarten class (17). I used the petal card Bigz die and my new Big Shot for Stampin’ Up! to do them all.

Before I show you the pictures of the cards, I wanted to let you all know that I'm having an open house to introduce the Big Shot this Sunday, February 22, from 3:00-4:30. It is a free event, and we will be creating two make-n-take projects. I am starting a Big Shot club (I'll post all the info at the bottom of this entry), and there will be mega benefits if you join during the open house. Please let me know if you plan to attend the open house, so that I can prepare enough supplies for everyone. You can call or email me or post a comment here on my blog.

Now to the valentines.

I used a retired ballet set that had never seen ink until now. It wasn't even mounted. I'm not sure how well you can see it, but under the "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment I stamped the hanging pointe shoes from the set in Pink Pirouette (an appropriate color to stamp ballet shoes). I "signed" AJ's name after the little heart at the bottom (which came from Goody-Goody Gumdrops, a Level 3 hostess set).
For her preschool class I made little 2 5/8" square cards and tucked them into "envelopes" I made using the petal card die. The envelopes didn't stay closed very well, but I had a zip-lock baggie full of goodies for each child, so I just tucked them into the bags. I added each child's name to the front of the envelope similarly to how I did on the bottom of the heart pocket for the dance class ones. I think I added a pink or red layer and more than one punched heart. I also attached a punched heart to the flap of the envelope. This is another retired set called Sweet Pea. The four image combinations say "sweet" with a pea pod, a bee with "mine", "cutie" with a pie, and "you're a" with a star. I stamped the star in silver.

I also made cupcakes for her class.

I wanted to do a totally different card for DJ's class, and use the petal card die to make an actual petal card, but then I found the two bags of lollipops I had bought and realized that I had to do more of the pockets. The white part pulls out like the ones for the ballet class did, but I didn't add the extra layer. Those lollipops were almost the end of me, though. They would NOT stay in the darn pockets.

When all was said and done, I had cut out at least 82 petal cards from the petal card die, and it took me almost no time. I say "at least" because I may have miss-cut one or two and had to do extras. In addition to all the ones I needed, a friend asked me to do 24 for her son's class. But you know what? I'm not even sick of the petal card die! I'm using it for a project at my open house on Sunday. Which reminds me that I was going to post all the info, so here it is...

You’re invited
to join my new
Big Shot Club

Stampin’ Up! has teamed with Sizzix to offer a multipurpose die-cutting system called The Big Shot for Stampin’ Up! You can use the Big Shot machine along with a variety of different style dies to create die-cut shapes, envelopes, tags and much more with ease! And the Big Shot also works with a wide selection of materials including card stock, Designer Series Paper, fabric, chipboard, plastic, thin metal, leather, and so on. Basically, you can do a lot of really cool stuff all on one nifty machine—it’s a big deal!

So now that I’ve explained what the Big Shot die-cutting machine is, I’ll tell you a little about my Big Shot Club. Club meetings will be held once a month, and we will create three different projects using the featured die (or set of dies) of the month. I will be hosting an open house, which is a free event where you can come and find out more about the Big Shot machine, on Sunday, February 22, from 3:00-4:30pm in my home. I had to do a Sunday this month because all my Saturdays are full. Those interested in joining the club will set the dates and times of future classes during this initial meeting.

The membership fee is $20.00, and the class fees will be $5.00 each. The membership fee along with the first four class fees will be waived if you decide to purchase the Big Shot Starter Kit. Each class fee will be waived if you purchase the featured die of the month.

I will readily admit that the starter kit is expensive, $195.95. However, you will have everything you need to start using your Big Shot machine right away, including two Bigz dies, a decorative strip die, and a sizzlit 4-pack of dies, all featuring exclusive Stampin’ Up! artwork. Plus, if you order your Big Shot Starter Kit by February 22, you will receive a roll of sticky strip perfect for adhering your 3D projects, a level one hostess set, $20 in catalog merchandise, four items from the Sale-A-Bration brochure, and a copy of the Spring~Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalog all for FREE! That increases the total kit value to over $326.00. AND, the first eight club members will receive a free gift with a retail value of over $29.00, whether you purchase the starter kit or not.

You'll love what the Big Shot machine, a 6-time winner of Creating Keepsakes Reader's Choice Award for best die cutting equipment and dies, can do for you. And I can’t wait to start showing you how! Please call or email me (or post a reply to this blog entry) if you are interested in joining the club, or to RSVP to attend the open house on Sunday, February 22, from 3:00-4:30pm.

Sweet wishes!

No comments: