Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Projects

Nothing like waiting till the last minute to share my Easter projects with you. I had been keeping my projects sorted by event, but since Easter is tomorrow, I'll go ahead and post my remaining Easter themed projects today. That way, if any of you are as much a procrastinator as I am, then you'll have a last minute project idea.

This first card may look familiar to you. I CASEd myself. We made a similar one at my workshop for Terry. Well, here I used a different SAB ribbon and DSP design, but the same colors and stamp set for the main image. My sentiment comes from the All Holidays set. I demonstrated this one at Rosanne's workshop back in March. My second project for Rosanne's workshop was a 6x6 scrapbook page. Now, most of my customers are hybrid crafters, like me. I use stamping on my cards, scrapbook pages, gift items, and all my other craft projects. But I have some customers who are only scrapbookers and a few who only make cards. One thing I have been looking for in my 6x6 layouts is how to take the same elements that I use on my page and use them on a 3x6 card.
So above is my 6x6 page, and below are two different versions of a 3x6 card using the same stuff. June, a guest at Rosanne's workshop, came up with the design on the right. I also used this project at Cindi and Kathy's workshops earlier this month.
Then I also have taken a strong liking to the progressive pages, where I take my 6x6 page and demonstrate how I could use it on an 8.5x11 page and then a 12x12 page.
The random pic of DJ has nothing to do with Easter, but it was the only one I could easily find that I felt okay about trimming to fit in the Top Note frame.
And I wanted to show the Top Note frame because our last project at Rosanne's workshop was this adorable bag topper using the Top Note. Now we did have jelly beans for the workshop guests, but I had NO Easter candy in the house to use for my sample, so I opened two packs of Strawberry Shortcake fruit snacks. My friend Beth helped me come up with this idea.
Last Saturday, before our family excursion to Paint Creek (see the previous post for details), I had a class featuring our Sticky line of products: Sticky Cuts Sweet, Sticky Cuts Letters, Sticky Pages, and Sticky Strip--all double sided, strong adhesive products that can be glittered or beaded to your heart's desire (the Sticky Strip is also great for adhering 3-D projects). We made three projects, but here is the last one.
To the right is the view of the top. We filled Starbucks frap bottles with Robbin's eggs and glittered away. The ribbon around the bottle cap is our black gingham, which I colored with my Orchid Opulence marker. The 1 3/8" circle punch fits perfectly on these lids.

Well, I've still got a bunch of projects to catch up on showing you, but at least I got the Easter ones posted. I pray that you all have a wonderful and Christ-filled Easter tomorrow.

Sweet wishes!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Beautiful job with the progressive pages! Gorgeous colors and great layouts. The frap bottles came out beautifully, too! The bunny is too cute-lots of fun stuff!