Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One of my current favorite stamp sets is not in Stampin' Up!'s Spring~Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalog. It's not even in the Occasions Mini Catalog. Instead, you will find this stamp set in Celebrando Creatividad primavera-verano 2009, Stampin' Up!'s Hispanic market catalog. But isn't is GORGEOUS!?! I fell in love with it the moment I saw it, and encouraged my customers to choose it as a set for one of our preorder classes, so on March 19, it was our featured stamp set.

We created three projects using this beautiful set. The first was CASEd from a card that Shannon Bridwell submitted to Stampin' Up! We used the negative left from die-cutting the Top Note as a mask for the collage and sponging, we also masked the tulip. The other supplies included: Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, and Very Vanilla CS; Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel classic pads; Stampin' Pastels to color in the tulip, and the retired Taupe 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (but it matched the best).
For the second project, I combined these two ideas by catena724 and #1volunteer to come up with this card:
Here we used Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss, and Basic Gray CS; Whisper White craft and Basic Gray classic inks to stamp with and Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze classic inks to water color with using the aquapainters; we also used the eyelet boarder punch and more or the masking technique.

I CASEd this card, which I found in Vaniamaybell's gallery, for our final project. I came across it while looking up ideas for my Top Note class, but when I saw that card, I knew it would work great with this stamp set! I changed quite a few things while keeping the overall feel of the card. This time we used Bravo Burgundy, Handsome Hunter, Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla CS; Basic Black classic ink for stamping; Bravo Burgundy, Handsome Hunter and So Saffron Stampin' Write markers to color the images; 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" square punches, Very Vanilla 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, and the Backgrounds I texturz plates.
Sweet wishes!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Yowzers!! I guess I should spend a few moments looking at Celebrando Creatividad!! These are absolutely gorgeous - love the layouts & colors and THAT BUTTERFLY is amazing!!