Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's been a while...

..too long! I'm sorry I've been away for so long. I visited a blog the other day that hadn't been updated since November, and although I haven't been gone that long, I knew I needed to get back soon, or it might end up that way. So I have a TON to catch up on--at least six classes/workshops, plus I have two more coming up later this week, not to mention family updates. AAAHHHH! Where to start?

Well, back in February, I had a preorder class featuring the Wild About You stamp set. This set had been on my customers' wish list for a preorder class since last summer, so we decided it was finally time to feature it.

Now, I have previously referred to myself as the “queen of CASEing.” Equally true as far as clichés go, however, is the fact that Procrastination is my middle name. Fortunately for me, I usually work well under pressure. So, as the day of my Wild About You class rolled around, I had nothing prepared, and instead of using my time wisely, I was sniffing around Splitcoaststampers. BUT, it turned out to be a good thing because I decided to use the card sketch and color challenges from that week for my first card. The color challenge was Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun and Kiwi Kiss, but I substituted Tangerine Tango for the Pumpkin Pie because I had a bulk order's worth of this DSP laying around that I hadn't touched during the Holiday Mini Catalog sales period (shame on me!!!). I thought my idea for the coordinating envelope was ingenious. And none of this was CASEd. ;)
Our second project for the night was, back to my true fashion, CASEd from Krista Tracy. I used white felt with my Top Note die (the Big Shot is so cool that it can cut such a wide variety of materials), and the Lots of Tags sizzlits for the tag.
I really wanted to showcase the versatility of this stamp set, so I just had to include a baby card in the mix. Strangely enough, this card was also an original creation. Basic Gray is my new favorite color, I had the Bashful Blue squares left over from a previous class, and I've been drawn to square cards recently, so since I had just gotten some square envelopes, I combined all these elements to come up with this:Well, I have enough material in my "to be uploaded" folder on my computer to keep blogging and blogging, but I also have a workshop tomorrow night, and I should REALLY start preparing for things before the day of the event. So, I guess I'll excuse myself for now, but I really hope to be back soon...like tomorrow. We shall see.

Sweet wishes!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Yep, they're ALL adorable! I gotta say, though, that the felt penquin is my favorite. Cute!