Thursday, July 2, 2009

A day on the lake

I can't remember if I mentioned that while Michael and I were at Affirm, the kids hopped around quite a bit. They spent time with SEVERAL different family members. At the end of the week, the were with my dad & step-mom, and they took them up to their lake house, so we met them there on Saturday.

Of course, we had to go for a boat ride.
Here we go...
And DJ needed to go tubing.
Obviously what AJ needed was a nap!
They finished the outing with a dip in the lake.
The wind was blowing pretty hard, and the boat was moving pretty quickly even though the engine was turned off. DJ was keeping close to the boat, but when AJ got in, she let go of the ladder and was soon too far away for us to reach with a life preserver. My dad had to jump in and rescue her (because he had his swim suit on and Michael and I didn't). As made apparent by the look on her face, she wasn't bothered by the situation at all. {I, on the other hand, was freaking out just a bit.}
Sweet wishes!

No comments: