Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Honey!

Today is Michael's birthday! The kids and I each made him a card. AJ wanted flowers and PINK, but then decided that since it was for Daddy she would do a green card (Always Artichoke), but she still had to have a pink flower (Regal Rose), and a purple one (Lavender Lace), and the other two she just agreed on when I pulled them out of the scrap folders (Bermuda Bay~new '09-'10 In Color and Marigold Morning~'06-'07 In Color). She cranked most of the dies through the Big Shot herself and helped with the adhesive.
DJ HAD to have a Star Wars themed card. I searched the Splitcoast gallery to see if someone had a punch art Yoda, but I couldn't find one, so we decided to use some pictures from a coloring book. We did a gatefold closure with a belly band. Yoda is attached to the belly band and a picture of Anakin podracing fills the inside of the card leaving just enough room for DJ's signature.
I will shamelessly admit that I CASEd my card. When I saw this card by Kristin Moore, I knew I had to recreate it for someone. I changed the colors a little in attempt to make it more masculine, but I'm not sure if I succeeded. Groovy Guava ('07-'08 In Color) is one of my all-time favorite SU! colors, so when I came across the DSP with Guava in it, I grabbed it. Hopefully the Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, and Ruby Red, tone it town a bit. ;-)

Sweet wishes! And Happy Birthday, my love!

No comments: