Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The McMillan Clan

Over the 4th of July holiday weekend, we traveled to DeSoto State Park in Alabama for my dad's family reunion. We get together every other year, and have a blast every time. There's swimming, Scottish dancing, hanging out, family picture taking, and of course lots of eating.

Here is how the kids fell asleep the first night we were there. So sweet! DJ, AJ, and their cousin Owen.
Swimming in the swimming hole.
Another view of the swimming hole.
While at 'the hole' my brother found this crawdad claw.
And I found this gorgeous damsel fly.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the Scottish Dancing this year--yes we have a real live bagpiper. I had temporarily misplaced my camera. I also didn't get any family pictures with my camera, though there were some taken. Here is a picture from the 2007 reunion; this is just my dad's branch of the family tree. My sister's fiance isn't in this one, but luckily for us, my cousin's ex-girlfriend is hidden behind my step-mom. This year we were all compliant and wore our blue shirts.

I'll leave you with this. DJ is doing that dance move where it looks like you're going down into water, only he really is going down into water. (We thought it was hilarious!)

Sweet wishes!

No comments: