Sunday, August 10, 2008

FINALLY, the moment you've all been waiting for.

And, no, I'm not talking about the release of the new Idea Book & Catalog. That will be tomorrow at noon Mountain Time (2pm here in East TN). Rather, it's time I start showing you some of my swaps from Convention.

First I must confess to almost forgetting to blog, I've been so out of the habit over the past two weeks. But more than that, after church this morning, lunch, an informal worship service which Michael leads on the second Sunday of every month at a nursing home in town , and a quick stop at the grocery store for apples and hotdogs (who doesn't need those?!?), I've been glued to the TV watching the Olympics! brb... {Sorry, I had to go watch the men's 4x100 free style relay medal ceremony.} I've also been prepping for the make-up session of my Build-A-Flower class which was supposed to have met last Monday, but since I was still on my way home from Salt Lake............ So it will be tomorrow evening instead.

Anyway, back to the point. The first swap I participated in was a No Layer Challenge. We couldn't use any layers, and were also limited to one embellishment. Since the embellishment I chose for my first card was a ribbon slide, I broke the rules and used two embellishments, because what good is a ribbon slide without the ribbon? (Although I have used one with a strip of paper before, but no one in the swap knew that, and it probably would have counted as an additional layer.)

This second card uses the new Sock Monkey stamp set (which also has a coordinating accessories set!!!). If you want to know how I got him facing both directions, book a workshop and I'll be happy to demonstrate that technique for you and all your friends! :D
Sweet wishes!

No comments: