Friday, August 15, 2008

U-S-A! U-S-A!! U-S-A!!!

Sorry for the lack of an update yesterday, but with company staying with us and the Women's Gymnastics All-Around competition, what's a girl to do?!? If you have ever paid attention to the time of day (NIGHT) I post, then it will be no surprise to you that I stayed up to watch the entire competition and medal ceremony. It was amazing!!!

Anyway, so I've mentioned a few times that my friend Beth and her family are in town visiting. Yesterday we went and walked around a farm and a dairy farm. We were hoping to pick some corn at the first farm, but it had already been harvested as feed for some cows because it hadn't come in as hoped. We did see some okra, beans, tobacco, and tomatoes, though, and caught several grasshoppers! At the dairy farm the kids were continually amused at the cows' outdoor bathroom.

And as promised on Wednesday, here is my final swap from convention. This card front was for a New Catalog Preview swap. We were to use anything that was available for preorder. However, I was in a daring mood, and decided to wait and use a set that was given to us at Convention. I had the layout and colors already planned, so all I had to do was add the images. I did wait to cut my Whisper White and Bella Rose DSP layers until I figured out the size of the main image, but the Chocolate Chip and Pink Pirouette layers were even cut ahead of time. I'm glad everything came together pretty much according to plan. And I love this stamp set! It is Flight of the Butterfly, and it is TOO STINKIN' CUTE!
Sweet wishes!

No comments: