Monday, August 25, 2008

A new feature on my blog.

Happy Monday, August 25, everyone! The 25th is a good day. My birthday is April 25. Why am I telling you this 4 months after the fact? Because I am going to start a new monthly feature on my blog, and I will be posting the feature on the 25th of every month. I am hoping that since the 25th is my birth date, I will remember to post this new feature on the 25th of the month. (Keep your fingers crossed for me.)

So, are you ready to find out more? Well, many other Stampin' Up! or crafty bloggers out there have a weekly challenge or card theme or technique or tutorial that they feature. My monthly feature will be nothing like that.

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you may have noticed that I have a link to "thebreastcancersite" in my side bar. Back in June, the site had a drive to make June survivor month, and I posted the information a few times throughout the month. I make it a habit to click on thebreastcancersite's "Click to Give FREE Mammograms" button every day. I have not personally been affected by breast cancer, but I have a few friends who are fighting the battle with this ugly disease and a few other friends who have won! Early detection plays a key roll in treating and conquering breast cancer, and it is very important that we remember to do our monthly breast self-examinations (BSE).

All this to say, my new monthly feature, which will appear on the 25th of every month, is to remind and encourage you to do your monthly BSE! And as an incentive, I will post a "think pink" card each month, that I will mail to the first person to post a comment saying that you have done your BSE for the month. I will send it blank with a coordinating envelope, so you will be able to use it yourself to send to someone you know who may need a little encouragement. Here is this month's card.
To post a comment, just click on the blue "# comments" link below this post. If it is your first time commenting and you do not have a Google account with a user name, you will have to set one up. It's been a while since I did mine, but I don't remember it being too difficult. If you have trouble, feel free to call or email me. (My contact information can be found at the top of my Stampin' Up! website.)

I also encourage everyone to visit thebreastcancersite daily and click to give free mammograms!

Sweet wishes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,
I read your posts everyday. Sorry I don't post comments very often. I enjoy seeing the pictures of the kids.
We've been on vacation all week in Blowing Rock, NC. It rained the whole time. Since I had nothing better to do, I did my breast exam (such an exciting life I lead)! Thanks for reminding everyone to do this!