Thursday, August 28, 2008

Garden Whimsy-take 2

I had my preorder class tonight. Several of my newer customers had commented on the Garden Whimsy stamp set, and when I told them that I had done a preorder class featuring that stamp set back in March, they begged me to do the class again. So I did. Only this time we made four different projects.

As is my general style, I CASEd all of my ideas. The idea of this first card was taken from stjogirl. Here is her original creation. I wanted to use the wheel instead of the DSP, and I left off the ribbon because I used ribbon on all the other projects, and thought this one would be okay without it. I also left off the second sentiment because I thought the ladybug's trail said it all.
This second card is super sweet and simple. I took lenoreo's card and changed the colors to two new In Colors, Baja Breeze & Riding Hood Red, and Mellow Moss. I also used the new Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon.
The third card we stamped tonight was a combination of CASEs. First I took the scallop-circled butterfly idea from bsktnstamp's card. Then I took the idea for the repetition of the tulips from this card by hlr976. And finally, I took the basic layout from StampinHay79's card seen here, because I really needed a vertically oriented card since the other two were landscape. The color combo--Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, & Pink Pirouette (w/ Certainly Celery for the stems & leaves)--was my very own idea.
For our non-card project, I recycled one of my make-n-takes from my open house (you can get more information in this post). I just love how stunning this color combination turned out to be: Elegant Eggplant, Kiwi Kiss & Pacific Point.

I guess everyone had a good time because all six adults (there were two older children there too), have already signed up and paid for my next preorder class featuring the Say It with Scallops stamp set and Scallop Square punch! For more details about that class click here. And for information about other upcoming classes, visit the Events page of my Stampin' Up! website.

Sweet wishes!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was my very first "Stampin" class and I loved it. I was very surprised at how easy and how much fun "stampin" was. Not only did I learn a new hobby but I also was a part of some wonderful fellowship and meeting new friends. I look foward to "stampin" with them all in the future.
Dee Winter