Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More Convention swaps

First of all sorry for posting after midnight...again...I'll go ahead and confess, if I haven't already:

I'M A NIGHT OWL!!!!!

So anyway, my second swap was actually two different swaps hosted by the same lovely lady, Fonda (aka Inkerbelle on SCS). She is SUCH a sweet person! We had met her and her friends Linda & Brenda (both also super sweet) Wednesday morning while standing in line for Memento Mall. I figured there weren't too many Fondas in the world, so I asked her if she was hosting an SCS organized swap. Turns out she was hosting the card candy swap, where I had signed up for two spots, the paper clip/binder clip swap that I had joined, and a pin swap, which I didn't participate in. There were 8 groups for the card candy, 5 for the clips, and just one for the pins. She had decorated bags with color coded tags for all of us to put our swaps in. Anyway, here are my creations:

For my first card candy I used the new Deer Friends hostess level 2 stamp set. Since the stamps are all the same shape, I changed my images up by using a different accessory or technique on each one.

My second card candy swap used the Wow Flowers stamp set. The long strip on the bottom left may look a little familiar to some of you because I CASEd this idea from the birthday card I made DH. (See it here.)
And for my paper clip creation I pulled out that adorable new Sock Monkey set again. The large scallop circles are made by punching a 1 3/8" circle, and then centering the Scallop Circle punch around that and punching again to create a frame. Then you cut the frame and maneuver it so that it fits around the larger circle (which was cut using the Coluzzle). It took two scallop circles minus 4 scallops to go around this size. I cannot remember who I got this idea from, but she had used the scallops around the heart in the Always stamp set and said you can use it around just about any shape. It does take some determination to get it to stick...and stay there, but I think it is so adorable that it was worth the extra effort!
Sweet wishes!


No comments: