Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Michael!!!!!

Yesterday was DH's b'day. We each made him a card. I CASEd the layout for mine from toknighton over at SCS. I used a different stamp set and different colors because I wanted to play with my new stuff, but here is her beautiful card. In my card, I used 5 of the 6 new In Colors (all but Pink Pirouette) and the new stamp set, Wow Flowers. DJ didn't do much in the way of helping make this card, but he chose the colors, the layout, and the design. Of course when you ask a 5-yr-old what colors he wants to use, he's going to name them all, but he did say, "Green and yellow and red and blue...oh a rainbow! I want to do a rainbow!" And I needed to use some chipboard, so I asked him what shape, and he chose a star, which of course had to be yellow (why did I even ask that?). Then I asked if he wanted it sideways or up-and-down. And he definitely wanted Birthday wishes in blue. He usually loves to use the SNAIL adhesive, but was too preoccupied with who-knows-what to even bother with that. He did, however, write the entire message inside by himself.
And here's AJ's card. Again, I let her choose the colors. And I had another card with a Pun Fun hippo laying next to my desk, and as soon as she saw it, she HAD to have a hippo on her card for Daddy. I tried to show her other stamps, other cute animals even, but it was no use. She was set on using that hippo. She helped me ink it up and stamp it, I helped her sponge the edges, and then she got to color him and help me stick it all together. She "wrote" a message inside too. ;)
Sweet wishes!
ps. Tomorrow (Saturday) is going to be a super busy day, so we'll let the cow post count for Friday and this post count for Saturday, okay? If not, TBFY (too bad for you)!

1 comment:

Beth said...

They are all wonderful! Can't go wrong with a rainbow and A's card is positively precious!