Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Retirement party

Okay, to explain to those of you who aren't familiar with my Stampin' Up!® business, each year the company retires a long list of stamp sets to make room in the catalog for new stamp sets. So this past Saturday, I had a class centered around the stamp sets on the retired list. For our first creation I re-CASEd toknighton’s card, only I stayed a little closer to her original creation this time using the Polka dots and Petals stamp set, and keeping her same color palate with River Rock filling in for the browns.
Our second card came from another Make-N-Take kit that I ordered from SU! a while ago. Like the other MNT kit using the Be Happy stamp set, this one also used some old In Colors, but it was easy to switch the True Thyme to Always Artichoke and the Cranberry Crisp to Purely Pomegranate. My guests enjoyed the non-traditional size of this card (3x6).
Finally we made this candle using Blossoms Abound stamp set. I love this set (in case you didn’t notice yet), and I LOVE this candle. The colors are perfect together, and it smells really good too.
Hey, one last thing: EXCITING NEWS ABOUT A RETIRING STAMP SET SALE COMING TOMORROW (or later today)! So stay tuned.

Sweet wishes!


1 comment:

Beth said...

Pretty! Did you see that BB DS Ribbon is SOLD OUT?!?