Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Roommate gifts

While at convention, I shared a room with three wonderful women and an ADORABLE baby boy! This was my fourth convention, and my 9th or so, Stampin' Up! event, but this was the first time I was able to get gifts made for my roommates. The first one pictured below is a post-it note holder. You've seen similar ones before on here, but for this one I used the new Bella Rose DSP and the Happiness Always level 3 hostess set. I just realized that I meant to make coordinating pens, but totally forgot until just now, so Crystal, Diane, and Pam...sorry 'bout that!

The picture below is of a bookmark that you put over the corner of your page. Some people have to see it "in action" to understand exactly how it works, but they are fun and functional, and pretty. We actually made these same bookmarks at my Hostess Appreciation Dinner back in July, but I couldn't post them for fear one of the girls might see it on here before she got it from me. I also made these using the new Bella Rose DSP and Happiness Always stamp set, and the new Scallop Edge Punch (which I also used on the post-it note holder above). And I made some similar ones using a different pattern from the paper and the butterfly from the stamp set for a bookmark swap that I was in, but I forgot to take a picture of that one, and I don't have any leftover. (They were even cuter, though.)
Finally, I made these candles using the Fresh Cut stamp set, which was available for preorder back in June, and which I used for my July preorder class. Stamping on candles is so fun and easy! And they make perfect gifts for almost any occasion.
I did also make some bracelets like the ones we did at my first Teen Scene class using the Bella Rose paper, but I didn't take a picture of them either.

Well, I believe I have one more swap to post tomorrow, and then I'll have to think of something new to start sharing with you. My downline, and dear friend Beth (check out her blog: Stamp Me A Rainbow) and her family are coming to visit for a few days, so HOPEFULLY we'll get some stamping done that we will both be able to share!

Sweet wishes!

No comments: