Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Third and final post for today

And here is what I was preparing while everyone else was at the Gray fossil site (see post below for details). I made these drink mix pouches that hang on water bottles for everyone who came. I also wrapped the water bottle labels to that it all coordinated. This was not an original idea, several people have done these before, but I most closely CASEd one by Snappy Scrapper over at SCS.

I demonstrated two cards using the new Upsy Daisy stamp set that I WON at convention. This first card was CASEd from lbrown. Her original card was a bit narrower and used some faux paper piercing. My main focus of this demonstration was to show how to line up and use the new scallop edge punch. I originally thought that if I was layering or lining up two pieces of paper with scalloped edges, then I needed to punch them at the same time, but my friend Pam showed me a neat, but kind of "well, duh, why didn't I think of that" way to line them up. It's kind of hard to see that the Baja Breeze card is scalloped along the bottom front. I lined the scallops up with the bottom edge so that when the card stands open it doesn't lean forward.
My next demonstration showed how to add color and depth to a stamped image using a few different colors of ink and sponge daubers. I believe Mary Polcin demonstrated this technique on the main stage at convention. And it is really simple, but has beautiful results!
Then we had two make-n-takes. The first one uses my new favorite stamp set, Flight of the Butterfly. I CASEd this card from Diane Pappas. I loved how she used the new In Colors, DSP, and this simple layout to produce a very nice card.
And finally we made this bookmark. I CASEd a card by VondaThomas. Again, I loved the colors, though she used Old Olive and Taken with Teal, I substituted the In Colors Kiwi Kiss and Pacific Point. I also liked that it looks like she crimped the Old Olive layer. Paper crimper was not in her list of supplies, so I'm not sure, but I went ahead and added crimping to mine. And I didn't want another card for a make-n-take, so the design element of Vonda's card translated perfectly into a bookmark.


Sweet wishes!

No comments: