Monday, August 25, 2008

VSN continuted

I had such a fun time this weekend participating in the Virtual Stamp Night on Splitcoaststampers. There were 18 challenges posted on Friday and Saturday. Three were for kids, and the others were for adults. The challenges, along with some church events, kept me from posting yesterday. I didn't get to all of the challenges, there were two kid and four adult challenges that I just wasn't able to complete. So this week I am going to try and get at least the four adult challenges done. First, though, I revisited two of the challenges to create this card:
One of the challenges was to use newsprint in some way. My creation for VSN can be seen here, but I saw another entry that used an adorable paper flower and provided the link to this tutorial. I knew I wanted to try one, but I don't have any newspaper, so I used some pages from a magazine. Another challenge was to use the colors suggested in the title of a murder mystery, all having to do with baked goods, as the color scheme for a card. I chose the Peach Cobbler Murder, and then used the colors from SU!'s Georgia Peach DSP to make this VSN submission. I liked the color combo so much I used it again for the card above. And did you catch the pun: "Congrats on the good news!" and I used newsprint?!? :D

Sweet wishes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK Kelly I finally got around to checking me out. I love your Blog's I just don't know how to leave comments. I check your blog everyday. See you at the party tonight.