Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cherokee Indian Museum

I have a friend who, through her place of employment, has a Southern Highlands Attraction Card which gets discounted or free admission to some southern spots of interest. There is a long list, but one of the places is the history museum in Cherokee, NC. So back in July I took the kids and met her there. The museum held the kids interest for a little while, but there really is some cool stuff in there.

I'm sure you've seen towns where various places of business have decorated cows sitting out in front. Well, in Cherokee, they have bears. There are many around the area, and we posed with a few of them. I can't find my booklet right now to tell you about this one, but the kids cooperated well for this pose, so that's one reason I chose this picture. ;)

After visiting the museum and a few bears we grabbed some lunch (Burger King, because fyi, there is no McDonalds on the Cherokee reservation) and had a picnic on an island in the Oconaluftee River. When we were finished eating we played in the water. We had so much fun that my friend and I decided we had to come back sometime and visit the Oconaluftee Indian Village there...two days later, we did. I'll post those pics tomorrow because my camera is still missing. Hey Beth, if you're reading this, do you have ANY idea where I might have put it after we took pictures of the boys in their PJs the other night?!?

Sweet wishes!

No comments: