Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hinged So Bashful Pumpkins

I try to make a habit of not posting the same thing on my blog as I post in the galleries of online communities to which I belong. I think it is more fun to see something different on the various sources of "media" rather than the same thing here, there, and everywhere. This is just my opinion. I'm breaking that self-made rule today though, just because I wanted to show additional detail but didn't want to post multiple pics in my SCS gallery. So here is the card I made today using a combination of yesterday's Technique Lovers Challenge (TLC222), which was to make a hinged card, and today's Color Combination Challenge (CC220), which was to use So Saffron, Bashful Blue, and Pumpkin Pie. Emily, the host of the color challenges, always makes up some kind of saying for the challenge using the color names, ie. "So Bashful Pumpkins." Anyway, here is the card closed.


And here to the left is the card open.


And on Wendy's video tutorial, she shows how she covered up the back of the brad so it isn't showing and adds a bit of decroative element to the back, where you would write a note if you so chose. So I used her idea for the back of my card too (as seen to the right).

I think we will be making a card similar to this at my next preorder class, which will feature the Cheep Talk stamp set. Fun stuff! If you're interested in participating in the class, please call or email me by Monday, June 1. Click here to view additional details about the preorder class.

Sweet wishes!

No comments: