Thursday, May 14, 2009

Two NEW challenges—in one

Monday's Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS was to use the Bandanna technique. I was not familiar with this technique, so I took a look at some of the cards in the gallery. I came across a cute one (sorry, I can't remember which card or who made it) that had a link to the creator's blog. There I found a link to a blog where the owner posts a challenge based on her daughter's adorable outfits. The blog is Libby's Little Addiction, the challenges are called From Courtney's Closet, and the one I'm participating in with this card is #41, which means I've missed 40 other way-too-fun challenges based on way-too-cute clothes. :-( But I am so glad I found Libby's blog (and challenge) now!

I used the colors and the ice cream cone from her shirt as the theme for my design. I also took inspiration from the two tone turquoise & teal of her skirt for my card base.

The second challenge is from The Corrosive Challenge Blog, and is challenge #11, which is a sketch challenge. This was a super fun sketch to work with, and one I will certainly refer back to in the future. Thank you, Beth, for sharing this challenge with me. IF my card is randomly selected as the winner, I will receive a FREE BLOG BANNER by Michelle Laycock! (And then what's to stop me from having a complete blog makeover?!?)

Thanks to Libby and Janet for these two fantastic challenges! I look forward to playing along with both of you in the future!

Sweet wishes!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Fab card, love the ice cream and the sentiment! Thanks for taking the Corrosive Challenge this week

Melissa Craig said...

Your card is fabulous! Love the colors and it so yummy!!!

Thanks for playing.

Janet said...

mmmmmmmmmmm looks good enough to eat ;)
thanks for playing!
hugs

Sue from Oregon said...

What a great card...everything just looks so perfect and the colors so nice!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! I love the icecream.
Thank you for joining us at Corrosive challenges this week :)
Hugs, Vanja

Libby Hickson said...

Kelly I'm so excited you found my blog and played along last time (even though I'm horrifically late telling you so!!)!!!! Your card is wonderful - I love the colors, and it's so CLEAN. That was an awesome sketch - and thank YOU because now I've found the Corrosive Challenge Blog, that's new to me!! (trying to think of a rock card as we speak...) :) This week I posted the one year anniversary celebration of my challenge, I'd LOVE it if you could play along again!!!

Beth said...

Beautiful!! I never ever think to layer in white and yet I adore how it looks-just gorgeous!!