Friday, May 1, 2009

I can't think of an original post title

...but this post contains a few projects from some workshops I had in early April.

Cindi requested a card using rub-ons. I had the idea for this card in my head since last fall. I did a fall themed card with some other rub-ons from this pack (which is actually a demonstrator only bulk buy, but the images can be found in the Hidden Garden rub-ons), and although I CASEd that card, I came up with this one all by myself. I wanted to give you a link to the original post with said fall themed card, but apparently I never posted it. I have another card using this stamp set that I never posted either. What's up with that?
Cindi also wanted to make the Top Note bag that we had made at my Big Shot Club meeting, but of course, I wanted to change it up a little. (Now that I did post, and you can see it here-the third picture down.)
These next few creations were for Kathy's party. I chose to focus on products from the Occasions Mini Catalog at her workshop. I CASEd Jenn D's card, but I REALLY wanted to use the new satin ribbon from the mini, so I died it to match. How did I die the ribbon?--you ask. Well, I took a ziplock baggie, poured some distilled water in (I don't know how much, but aprox. 1/4 cup) and added some drops of Regal Rose classic ink refill. First I added 5 drops, but that didn't do anything, so then I added 10 more (for those of you who aren't mathematically inclined, that's 15 drops), put my ribbon in, ziplocked the bag shut and shook it for 45 seconds. Then I used my craft tweezers to remove the wet ribbon from the bag and let it dry on paper towels.
Kathy's favorite stamp set from the Occasions Mini is the Soft Summer set. I love it too. I simply adore dogwoods. I CASEd this card by hirobinson~isn't it gorgeous?!? I can say that because I didn't come up with the idea myself. ;)
To any mothers in my life whose mailbox these cards may end up in, act surprised. Or at least know that even though I used this in a workshop, I still created it just for you. *hugs*

Sweet wishes!

No comments: