Monday, May 11, 2009

Oooh, aaah, ovals

I've mentioned before that there are daily challenges over on Splitcoaststampers, and I've mentioned that I am the queen of CASEing, so the Featured Stamper challenge every Sunday, where the object it to select a card from the featured stamper's gallery and CASE it, is right up my alley. This week's featured stamper is Debbie (DbDoodle) Corbari (click on her name to see her SCS gallery). I chose to CASE Debbie's TaDah card. The rules for the challenge are that you have to change at least 2 things. I kept the colors, layout, and ribbon (except my brown is thinner) the same; I changed the stamp set, the focal point circle to an oval (because I wanted to use my new die), used smaller brads, and after the fact I realized that she used textured Baja Breeze CS (oh well).


I just got the Scallop Oval Frame bigz die the other day. It came with a large order I placed for Whisper White CS & envelopes, the stamp sets for my last preorder class, and among other things...MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT. And what was my birthday present, you ask. The Serif Essentials Alphabet bigz dies! They came lying down in their own box, and as soon as I opened the box, I thought, "If the dies fit in there laying down, there's no reason why they won't fit in there standing up, and then I can fit ALL my bigz dies in there." Of course I couldn't store my dies in some plain old box, so I cut the flaps off the top and altered it.
I used some retired DSP, which I can't think of the name of right now. I trimmed it to the height I needed it, but the box was longer than 12", so I used a different pattern on the ends. I used spray adhesive to stick the paper to the box. I used (also retired) Old Olive polytwill ribbon and the Alphabits stamp set to spell "bigz." And even though I used my SAMJ to position my letters from the Defining Alphabet before I embossed them, the were still off center, so I added an Old Olive felt fusion flower with a Tempting Turquoise brad in the center to help balance the oval.

Then I put my dies inside. :-D

Sweet wishes!

No comments: