Thursday, June 5, 2008

Enchanted Swap

This past February I was invited to participate in a swap inspired by the movie "Enchanted." Unfortunately, I still haven't seen the movie, but I did participate in the swap, and this was my card. I used the retired Dreams & Dragons stamp set. I stamped the main image with Jet Black StazOn ink and watercolored it with my aquapainter and ink pooled in the lids of my classic pads. I used Groovy Guava & Soft Sky as my two main colors, plus Wild Wasabi & Purely Pomegranate inks, Naturals White CS, Silver Encore pad on the edges of the sentiment, and silver eyelets. I also covered the focal point image with a used dryer sheet to give it a cloudy, dreamy look and feel (it also made it smell nice).

We are in Atlanta for the weekend because Michael and I will be attending the synod assembly of the Southeastern Synod of the ELCA. We got into town late last night, and had an amazing day today. We got Chick-fil-A for breakfast, had lunch at Sangria's with my Granny, my sis, her bf, and two of my step-sisters, came back and spent the afternoon in Granny's pool where my BIL, SIL, two nieces, & nephew, mom & step-dad, and 3rd step-sister joined us, and then some of the crowd went to Schlotzsky's for dinner. Here are a few pics from the pool.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yeah...we're going to be 98* on Monday. *faints dead away...*

The pool looks wonderful-give our love to Granny & Pastor M when you see her!

Hugs & smooches to the kiddies!

Beth said...

Sheesh, I got totally distracted by the relaxing pool shots. Your card is AMAZING! Beautiful job with the coloring-just stunning!