Friday, June 13, 2008

The results are in

A week or so ago, I mentioned that I was finally going to get my wrist looked at by an orthopedic dr. It has been hurting constantly since April of 2007, and I just haven't gotten around to seeing anyone about it until now. Well, my appointment was this past Monday, and the doc basically said he had no idea what was wrong. Great, that's just what I wanted to hear after arriving at 12:45 for a 1:00 apt, and not being seen until after 2:00. I had already had x-rays taken back in February, and they didn't show anything, so, the doc scheduled me to have lab work done to determine if it might be arthritis and to get an MRI.

If you have never had an MRI, I pray that you never need to. It was a miserable experience. Only after I was strapped in and cushioned and ready to go, did the nurse inform me that it would be a 40 minute process. I was mistakenly thinking it might take 5-10 mins, and had I known, I definitely would have used the restroom prior to going into the MRI room.

Also, just before sending me into the machine, which looked like a GIANT waffle iron, the nurse mentioned that it would get pretty loud. Now for those of you who don't know, I have a hearing deficit, and have been advised to wear ear plugs when I fly on planes, go to concerts, or am in a situation where there is ridiculously loud noise--this qualified--but again, I wasn't able to do anything at that point. She did put ear phones on that had a radio station playing, but the music was turned down so low, that it was completely pointless. My mom said I should have asked her to turn the music up, but had the music been loud enough that I could hear it, it would have been ridiculously loud too.

ANYWAY, a nurse from the orthopedic dr's office called this morning, and it seems that I have tendonitis. She said, and I suppose that I agree, that that is a good thing because it is treatable. I go for my follow-up apt on Monday the 23rd, so we'll see where we go next then.

Well, sorry for the lack of a pic two days in a row, but we're supposed to be leaving in an hour & 15 mins, so I needed to be quick. I'm not positive that I will be able to update while I'm at camp, but I will try. If not, have a great week, and I'll be back on Saturday the 21st.

Sweet wishes!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I know how tendonitis is. I have it in 2 tendons in one foot, and in one tendon in the other. I sometimes get it in my knee, and a couple times I think it flared up in my jaw. When I was diagnosed with it in my right foot, I had gotten xrays because I was convinced it was a hairline fracture and had to hobble to class starting 30 minutes early just to get there. I tend to get it more in the summer since I wear flip flops, but I know it will not be great for you since you use your wrist a lot with stamping, cake decorating, and being a mom. Advil works though when you feel it coming on.