Wednesday, June 4, 2008

You really can stamp on ANYTHING

Okay, let me give you the background on this card. The Very Vanilla cardstock base was originally cut for a card we made back in October for my World Cardmaking Day event. One of my customers rolled her Stampin' Around wheel upside down, but I assured her that I would still be able to use the card. So the lighter blue Porcelain Prints DSP is covering up the wheeled design. Well, then when I went to adhere that layer, it was a little crooked, but as I tried to lift it back up (which normally isn't difficult), I tore the card, so the darker blue strip at the bottom is to cover up the tear. Next I went to de-stitch the Wild Wasabi double stitched grosgrain ribbon, and had heard that it was an easy thing to do, but it must have taken me 30 minutes and I snagged the ribbon in several places along the way. Finally, the flower accents were punched with our Boho Blossoms punch. And this part is important: when you get a brand new punch, it will have been well oiled prior to leaving the manufacturing plant. If the first thing you punch is a piece of cardstock, chances are you will have an oil mark on your design. Having actually remembered that fact this time, I punched the punch about 20 times on a folded paper towel to soak up the excess oil. Do you think I would actually throw away the paper towel shapes? Of course not. I sponged on some ink, put a vintage brad in the center and voila! The stamp set is Word on Word, a retired hostess set. But, recipient of this card (I know you'll read this), you're worth it! ;)

Sweet wishes!


1 comment:

Beth said...

Awwwww....golly! THANKS!
I hope they have something wonderful to replace Porcelain Prints, cuz I'm sure going to miss it. The card is lovely, thank you so much!