Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Simple Father's Day Card

I have signed up for several organized swaps at this year's convention. One of the swaps I am doing is a one layer swap. The other day I was playing around with my idea, and mis-cut my card front, but wouldn't you know, the Happy Father's Day stamp from the All Holidays set fit perfectly in the opening. I grabbed my Always Artichoke classic pad, and added the sentiment. However, when I went to punch the holes for the brads, they were too big and too close together, so I had to do something to cover up my mistakes. The coolest thing about the band is that it wraps around to the inside, so it covers up the back of the brads too.

I was able to complete my cards for this particular swap over the weekend, but I'm not ready to show them yet. I may even wait until after Convention so no one in the swap will see the design ahead of time. I'll think about it. Anyway, I love it when a mistake turns out like this!

Sweet wishes!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Lovely-very tailored & masculine. I'm sure your swaps are wonderful, too!