Thursday, June 26, 2008

My eScape Event

I had three new stampers attend my eScape event yesterday, and we all had a great time. The projects I planned were relatively simple, but they served the purpose: to get cards made for hand written notes to be put in and mailed out, to escape from the “e,” and to get them all hooked on stamping!!! :D

This first project was CASEd from JenniferO on Splitcoast (SCS). You can see her cards here. I didn’t use Tart & Tangy because I was going to do a different card with it, but I ended up not using it at all. L The Tart & Tangy set that Jennifer used as the center of her flowers, as well as the flowers themselves (called Die-cut Blooms), are only available through Monday, June 30, so if you’re interested, contact me to place an order today!


Our second card was this sweet and simple creation, which I again CASEd. This time the original artist was MCrum1—also an SCS user. Here’s her card. You can see she used a few more layers and embellishments, but remember, I was going for simple.

Now this next project is one I did last year when this set was first available in the Spring mini catalog, so I had to go back and search to see if I could find the original artist, because I was sure that I hadn’t come up with this idea on my own either. Sure enough, here is the original card created by SCS user, stamperjen30.


Next we made this gorgeous card. I was thrilled with how well it turned out. Again, simple, but stunning, if I do say so myself. I CASEd this idea from Kim (nutsymuhl on SCS). Here’s her creation.


Finally, we made this card, with a few variations. This project was from a Make-N-Take kit that was available for demonstrators to purchase sometime during the ’06-’07 catalog year. It uses two retired In Colors, so I modified it a bit to use Tempting Turquoise ink on the Cool Caribbean CS, and So Saffron instead of Marigold Morning for the yellow center and “tab.” The thin stitched Rose Red ribbon is from a retired Ribbon Originals too, but it was pre-cut and perfectly usable.

So there, not a single original idea, but that is how I am able to do what I do. I network with some AMAZING ladies, mostly through Splitcoaststampers, and I get FABULOUS ideas that I then CASE (Copy And Share Everything) for all of you!

Sweet wishes!

1 comment:

Beth said...

These are great-love the simple, tailored look!