Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Big Shot Club projects-Scallop Envelope

Last month's Big Shot Club meeting focused on the Scallop Envelope bigz die. Our first project, which was our only card, was inspired by a combination of this card by KKID and this one by Kristin Moore.
These baskets are everywhere, but the first one I could find in the SCS gallery, and the person whose blog I referred to when creating my samples was whoopsie daisy's, which is a bit more of a box, and I've seen versions with a lid for the box, but I chose the basket route.
Our final project was this adorable little purse. Again, I've seen them lots of places, but the ones I referred to for my inspiration were these cuties by istampdou.

Interspersed throughout the projects that we made, I also demonstrated a few additional ideas for using this ultra-versatile die. Here's a great Halloween card CASEd from sarahm's card seen here.
And then I demoed a too-cute treat purse CASEd from the one here by arinstamps. This one isn't the one I made that day, this is one I made later because I sent my original one to a friend who couldn't attend the class because she had had surgery. But I wanted one to keep as a sample.
I demonstrated one more project, but I didn't get a chance to complete it (and I still haven't), so once it's done, I'll snap a pic and get it posted.

Our next Big Shot Club Meeting is this coming Sunday, May 17, from 3:00-4:30pm. It will feature the Billboard Alphabet Decorative Strip sizzlit die. If you are interested in attending just let me know by Saturday evening. You can call or click the Email Me button in the right side bar. The class fee is just $5.00 with the one-time club membership fee of $20.00.

Sweet wishes!

No comments: