Sunday, May 31, 2009

May Big Shot Club meeting

This month our featured die was the Billboard Alphabet Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die. Even though those are the long dies, I think the name is longer. ;)

I'll start with a quick explanation. When I see ideas I like, I copy and paste the picture in a word document and save the document under "My Faves" with the name of the stamp set, accessory, technique, or whatever the pictures have to do with as the title. So for this class, I have a word doc called "Billboard Alphabet die ideas." When I was looking at it, I could tell the picture I had copied and pasted of the card I CASEd below had something a little different about the letters, but I couldn't tell what. Well, the original creator, mjw, used Baja Breeze colored DSP in her card. In the smaller picture I had saved, it looked to me like she had used the negative image of the cut out letters and sponged them in. So that's what WE did at my class.
I CASEd myself for this card. I had made a "M{flower}m" card for a friend for Mother's Day, and I turned it into a "W{flower}w ~ Congrats on your big news!" card for another friend. I also added the Pacific Point because that was the color we used to die-cut all our letters.
Since I don't have a card that looks like the one below in my word document, I guess I came up with this myself. As I sort of mentioned, we die-cut one strip of Pacific Point CS, so my challenge was to come up with as many different words using just one capital and one lowercase set of letters.
Those three cards above were what everyone made at the class, but I also wanted to show them some other ideas. Here's a super simple, but super cute card I came up with.
And then I knew I wanted to do a "FAMILY" something, and I didn't have time to print pictures for a scrapbook page, so I altered a frame instead.
Sweet wishes!

No comments: