Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mojo Monday on a Friday...

...and Jaron's second Creative Color Challenge.

Yesterday, I got to play along with a few challenges. When I first started participating in challenges, I felt like I had to make a separate card for each challenge, but now I thrive on combining challenges. Not just because it saves time, or because I'm already up to my eyeballs in cards, but because it sometimes makes the challenges more challenging.

Mojo Monday is a blog devoted exclusively to a weekly sketch challenge, which is posted every Monday. If you're ever feeling like you're in a slump, go take a look and see if your creative juices are replenished. Plus, they have a monthly contest. Anyway, this card is for week 87. Beth participated last week, and her cute creation swayed me to join in this week.

The colors: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, & Kiwi Kiss, came from a Creative Color Challenge issued by Jaron Winder. Jaron is a former employee of Stampin' Up! He led many classes and demonstrations at Stampin' Up! training events including Regional Seminars, Leadership Conference, and Convention. He has a terrific personality, which I would describe as super friendly and HIGHLY ENERGETIC. His blog, Jaron's Junk Drawer, is full of hilarious anecdotes about his way-too-cute kids. I participated in Jaron's first Creative Color Challenge too with the card found in this post.

After I finished the card for the Mojo sketch, I saw something sitting on my desk that I knew would provide the perfect finishing touch, so I added this:
Btw, the stamp sets I used are Sweet Stems and Matchbox Messages, and the DSP is Raspberry Tart~remember, now through May 31, you can buy 3 packs of Designer Series Paper or Textured Card stock and get a 4th pack FREE!

Sweet wishes!

No comments: