Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I think it's safe

...for me to post the cards I sent for Mother's Day. I was a little late in getting them in the mail, but I hope at this point that they have all been delivered.

This first one was for a dear friend of mine. I found the 'M{flower}M' idea two years ago, but already had a plan for my cards that year, and then came up with another cool idea last year, so I was finally able to incorporate the idea into this card (and the bottom one) this year. I used the Bilboard Alphabet decorative strip sizzlit die for the 'M's, and a Felt Fusion flower for the 'O.'Several of my other friends received the Mother's Day card seen at the bottom of this post.


My "Granny" received this card. Don't tell her, but I already had all the elements made and just had to stick them together for this card. I cut the oval frame and scalloped oval to make Thank You cards last May. For some reason, I had this one left over. I dry embossed the rectangle frame on the Vanilla CS sometime ago too. I don't remember what it's original purpose was, but I grabbed some Pale Plum CS for my card base, assembled my layers, and voila! I stamped "Happy Mother's Day" inside in Perfect Plum.

This was the card I made for my mom, and my MIL's was identical. Like I said before, I found the original idea for this card about 2 years ago, here on SCS. The 'M's were cut using my new Serif Alphabet bigz dies, and the flower is the largest one from the Pretties Kit. I used a Baja Breeze corduroy button from the Occasions Mini for the center and the Eyelet border punch for the decorative edges of the Pink Pirouette CS. This card fit in a standard business size envelope, so it was 4"x9 1/4."
Sweet wishes!

No comments: